TDC History Scholarship
One of the main missions of the Territorial Daughters of Colorado (TDC) is to promote educational activities and the study of history. To fulfill this part of our mission, the State Board of the Territorial Daughters of Colorado annually offers a scholarship to women studying history in college. The scholarship is offered each year to college and university level students in their junior and senior years, or Masters Degree Candidates.
Application forms can be found at the bottom of this page. The application form contains the directions for filling out the application and submitting to the TDC State Board.
The Criteria for the TDC Educational Scholarship Applicants are as follows:
1. Must be female;
2. Must be recommended by an active member of the Territorial Daughters of Colorado; (Use the CONTACT US page, so we can connect you with a TDC Member.)
3. Must be a junior or senior in college, or a Master’s (post-graduate) program candidate;
4. Must have a B average or better;
5. Must be pursuing study in the field of Colorado, Western, or American History, or a related field of History;
6. Must use the Scholarship at a Colorado college/university;
7. Must include a letter of recommendation from a member of the faculty at the applicant’s school; and
8. Must include an essay with this application on why the applicant has chosen to study history.